The Tucker Farmers Market rolls in to the Bank of America parking lot at 2333 Main Street today from 4-8 p.m. Here's a sample of some of the vendors setting up shop:
- Freedom Farms and Fruit (seasonal fruits)
- Mama J's Hydroponic Produce (lettuce and herbs grown without pesticides)
- The Pearson Farm (new arrival featuring pecans and peach wood chips)
- Happy Hogs (pork)
- Diana's Specialties (fish)
- Capra Gia Cheese Company (goat milk products, plus eggs)
- Castle Rock Honey (raw honey)
- Dr. Sweet's Cake Emporium (cakes, cookies, brownies and more--gluten-free as well as soy-, dairy- or egg-free choices too)
- Nazifa's Bakery (hummus, baklava, naan, etc.)
- Serendipitea (jams, jellies, blended teas, spices, tea accessories)
- King of Pops (popsicles)
Also, bring books for donation to the Friends of Tucker Library book sale that will be held on Oct. 20.
Visit tuckerfarmersmarket.com for more details about this week's market.
Note that the farmer's market will continue operating on Thursdays through Dec. 13. After Nov. 1, arts and crafts vendors will join food vendors for holiday shopping opportunities.