It's time for us to take the future into our own hands, Georgia. Childhood obesity is not only preventable, it's reversible.
1. By taking simple steps today, we can spare 238,019 Georgians from developing type 2 diabetes by 2030. That's the equivalent of filling every seat at an Atlanta Hawks game 12.5 times.
2. A whopping 185,409 Georgians could be spared from developing coronary heart disease and stroke—that's enough people to fill almost every seat 'Between the Hedges' in UGA’s Sanford Stadium twice.
3. If we start making healthy choices we can save 108,753 Georgians from developing obesity-related arthritis. That's almost two-times capacity at Turner Field.
4. We could fill the Georgia Dome almost 2.5 times (that's 184,624 people to be exact) with Georgians who won't get obesity-related hypertension if we rewind the future today.
5. We have the ability to save 12,073 Georgians, or 151 school buses full of elementary school kids from developing obesity-related cancer as adults.
Visit Strong4Life to see the "Rewind the Future" video, as well as the steps your family can take today to be healthier in the future.