Here are the Top 5 Activities around town that are sure to cure those winter doldrums and help your kids get the exercise they need, both physically and mentally:
1. MAIN STREET SCHOOL OF ART: "Main Street School of Art" in downtown Tucker is a great way for kids to gain confidence in their own creativity. Just like a dinner than includes hidden veggies, Ms. Laurie's art class is an hour of fun with art education hidden inside.
2. TUCKER RECREATION CENTER: Looking for a cost efficient way for your kids to get some of their "wiggles" out? Sign them up for a gymnastics or dance class at the Tucker Recreation Center. Classes are typically $60 per month for one-time a week, hour-long instruction. 4898 LaVista Road in Tucker. Phone: 770-270-6226.
3. STARS and STRIKES: Have older kids who crave electronic fun? ry Stars and Strikes for a new way to bowl, play video games and let off some steam. Ask about the bumper cars, laser tag and Balladium, too!
4. MONKEY JOE'S: An old favorite for Tucker families, Monkey Joe's is still popular with young children who want run, jump and play. A grown-ups’ zone offers free Wi-Fi and large, flat screen TVs and recliners. Located at 4023 Lavista Road, Ste. 230, Tucker, GA. 30084. The phone is 770-270-6292.
5. TUCKER REID COFER LIBRARY: On a budget? Don’t forget about the great time your kids can have right at the local library. They have a great children's section with comfy chairs and computer access. And, they offer activities like story time and puppet shows monthly! Located at 5234 LaVista Road, Tucker, GA. 30084. The phone is 770.270.8234.