Donate to a Tucker Nonprofit For 'Georgia Gives' Day
Supporting a charity or a cause is easy — it takes just a few clicks.
Today, Dec. 6, 2012, is Georgia Gives Day, and you can participate online by donating to a local organization or by supporting your favorite cause.
The Georgia Center for Nonprofits has made it easy to find a charity or cause and then donating to that charity or cause. You'll find an option to search for organizations by zip code or county and by keyword or name.
Donations can be made using a Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit card. Donations can also be made anonymously or dedicated to someone else.
In an email to Patch, Paul Brown with Habitat for Humanity wrote, "Today is GA gives day, one day of giving to your favorite charity. Mine is Habitat for Humanity, please spread the word."
You can also choose from one of the categories below to find a charity to which you would like to give.
- Animals — Charities that promote better qualitiy of life for animals through wildlife protection and welfare services, animal/veterinary services, zoos and aquariums
- Arts, Culture and Humanities — Charities that benefit the visual arts, libraries, museums, performing arts and public broadcasting
- Children and Youth — Charities that help children and youth through mentoring, scouting organizations, mentoring, adoption services and youth development programs
- Community Building and Social Action — Charities that concentrate on community and neighborhood development, volunteerism, voter education and registration, civil rights and advocacy
- Economic Development — Charities that assist with financial wellness, employment, job training and preparedness, microfinance and rural and urban development
- Education — Charities that represent education including primary schools, colleges and universities, vocational and technical schools, libraries and adult education
- Environment — Charities that help preserve our natural environment including pollution abatement and control, conservation and protection, environmental beautification and education
- Health — Charities that further the medical community and public health issues through hospitals, physical and mental health support, disease prevention and management, medical research and nursing
- Human Services and Aid — Charities that focus on financial wellness, disaster relief, family services, homelessness, hunger, public safety and crime prevention.
- International, Foreign Affairs, and National Sec — Charities who work with causes including international development, human rights, peace and security, affairs and foreign policy
- Religion — Charities involving, supported by or inspired by religion and faith
- Science and Technology — Charities that focus on physical and earth sciences, engineering and technology, and biological and life sciences
What sorts of charities or causes are you supporting on Georgia Gives Day 2012? Tell us in the comments section below.